Your skin is remarkable – capable of healing, regenerating and growing cells. Remember the last time you inadvertently burned yourself with your curling iron or reaching into the oven without a mitt? Any injury to the surface layer (epidermis) of the skin triggers the deeper layer (the dermis) to quickly produce new skin cells to heal that wound.
Growth factors play an integral role in your skin’s natural ability to repair damage caused by the effects of aging and too much sun. What are Growth Factors and how do they work?
- Growth factors are proteins that regulate cellular growth and the activity of skin cells
- A combination of multiple growth factors are present in the skin and work to maintain a healthy skin structure
- Through normal aging and photo-aging, the production and level of growth factors decrease, resulting in fine lines and wrinkles
At NeoDerm Aesthetics, we carry two lines of products that contain scientifically researched growth factor ingredients to aid in skin repair and rejuvenation.
- SkinMedica’s TNS Recovery Complex has clinically proven benefits in skin rejuvenation. It is a physiologically balanced treatment formula containing 110 growth factors, antioxidants, matrix proteins with a proven stability at 24 months. This superior product is oil-free, alcohol-free, surfactant-free with protects growth facts and also has penetration enhancers. This potent treatment formula increases collagen, improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, tone and blotchiness.
- NeoCutis Bio-restorative Skin Cream is a cosmetically elegant and well tolerated formulation that contains growth factors for treating aging and stressed skin. It is non-comedogenic, free of color additives and fragrance, scientifically formulated for optimal efficacy and ideal for most skin types. Clinical tests have repeatedly documented the beneficial role growth factors play in improving the overall health and appearance of your skin. This elegant and nourishing formulation is well suited for application on your face, neck and décolleté.
In summary, growth factors play a key role in the reversal of the skin aging process. You can reveal healthier skin through the daily use of a product containing these scientifically researched ingredients. Schedule your complimentary consultation with our skin care specialist and decide which is most appropriate for you.